Palumbo just got back from Austin after presenting our project to Samsung. The students, Quyen and Alex, had a lot of fun and did an amazing job. We couldn’t be prouder so please congratulate them when you see them.
Our school was featured on US News & World Report. The program director specifically wanted Palumbo’s story. Our school’s website and the link to vote for our school is also featured in the blog post so please encourage others to share the link!
Please continue to vote for Palumbo everyday.
Samsung: How to Vote Properly
1. Go to samsung.com/solve. Under “What’s Happening” click on our school’s page (on smartphones, you have to click on “What’s Happening” to see the list of schools)
2. Click on “Vote for This Project.” Type in your email, submit. In the pop-up, type in your first & last name, zip code and email. Click “Submit”
3. Check your email, click on the link Samsung sent you. Your email is now registered.
4. Go back to the Palumbo page, click “Vote for This Project.” Enter your email and submit. Go to your email, click on the link to confirm your vote.
5. Vote everyday until Thurs 3/13 by repeating Step 5.
Academy at Palumbo defeated Carver Engineering & Science 48-32 to win the Philadelphia Scholastic League Championship. This is Palumbo’s first ever city championship!
Check out these amazing Ski Trip pictures of Palumbo hitting the slopes!
On Saturday, March 1, about 20 Palumbo students started their journey to run the 10 mile Broad Street Run in May. Some will go on to run the Philadelphia Marathon next November. That is a 26.2 mile Race!
Palumbo Chess Team is ON FIRE. Today they defeated Central High School 58-22. The match was incredibly tense, see-sawing back and forth. Eventually ending with one draw, one loss and three winning boards! Go PALUMBO! Palumbo plays Carver Engineering & Science next week.
Congratulations to Alex W. and Briana P. for qualifying to the PHSSL state tournament! This is Alex’s second year qualifying in a row! Palumbo is the only Philadelphia public high school to go to states.
Palumbo took 2nd place at the Pennsylvania High School Speech League District 12 qualifying tournament in public forum debate. We beat out suburban schools, catholic schools and a few other city school. We are now competing on March 28 & 29 at Susquehanna University in the state finals.
Spread the word! Palumbo is a finalist in the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow contest. Please check it out here: http://www.samsung.com/us/solvefortomorrow/projects/finding-the-safest-route.html and come back each day and vote for Palumbo! You can vote once per day, and get all of your friends to do the same.