Download a PDF of these updates
MONDAY – Columbus Day – Enjoy this much needed day of rest!
TUESDAY 10/14/14 -Senior Claire’s Gourmet Fundraiser Kickoff -Seniors will be selling delicious Claire’s Gourmet products from now until Nov. 4, 2014. All proceeds go directly to the Class of 2015. Students earn $30 towards their class dues for every 10 items sold. Students who sell five or more items will be entered into a drawing to win free prom tickets or $150 cash!
WEDNESDAY 10/15/14 – PSAT Day – Exams begin at 8:00 am in advisory. All students will take the exam, regardless of whether or not they have paid. We will continue to collect money after the exam. Students will not receive their scores, and the $18 exam fee will be added to the student’s account until paid.
FRIDAY 10/17/14 & SATURDAY 10/18/14 – High School Fair – Students may volunteer to represent Palumbo at the High School Fair this Friday and Saturday at Drexel University. Students can sign up and pick up parental permission slips outside of my office. Students selected will receive community service hours.
MONDAY 10/20/14 – Interims Reports for 1st quarter will be given to students. Be sure to ask your student to see their report. The purpose of the interim report is to let the student and parents know where they stand in enough time to improve their grades before the report card.
INELIGIBLE STUDENTS due to lateness will receive letters this week. Students are ineligible if they have already accumulated five or more latenesses. These students are ineligible to participate in EC activities and sports until they are back in good standing. However, I am giving a small amount of grace until the end of October in order for everyone to become familiar with the new system:
1. Ineligible students must still serve 5 detentions. They may serve morning detentions from 7:15-8:00 in the auditorium. They can sign in with Mr. Cain.
2. If they serve in the morning, they may practice or attend their club in the afternoon on that day.
3. If they do not serve in the morning, they cannot practice, play in game, or go to a club until the afternoon detention is served. It is the sponsor’s responsibility to make sure no ineligible students are participating in
4. Students must still be present, on-time for 10 days in a row in order to get back into good standing. If they miss a day, the count starts over from 1.
5. They are only responsible for 5 detentions as long as their latenesses don’t reach 10.
Please refer to the Student/Parent Handbook on our website for a detailed description of the lateness/absence policies.
10/15/14 – PSAT Exam
10/17/14 – National Honor Society/Red Cross Blood Drive
10/19/14 – AIDS Walk
10/20/14 – Interim Reports Distributed
10/22 & 10/23 – Open House
10/24/14- Haunted School – 5pm- 7pm – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer
10/28/14 – National Honor Society Induction